Coping With the Violence and Looting
If you’re living in South Africa, you know what we are going through.
Many of you will be experiencing trauma, grief, anger, helplessness and hopelessness.
Here are some resources that may help you to cope.
I have created a series of videos to help you cope with the emotional impact of the violence and looting.
Resources on This Site
- Tackle Trauma
- Common Signs and Symptoms of Trauma Poster
- Resilience: The Bounce Back Factor!
- Making Sense of Anger
- Anger Iceberg Model poster
- Survive Your Sorrow
- Stressed To Kill
- Circles of Control
- Axe Anxiety
- Living in the Now
- Understand and Manage Trauma
- Helpline: 0800 21 22 23 (8am - 8pm)
- Helpline:0800 456 789 (24 hours)
- WhatsApp: 076 882 2775 (9am - 4pm)
- SMS: 31393
- Website / Online Chat: www.sadag.org
Lifeline South Africa
- Helpline: 0861 322 322 (24 hours)
- Website: lifelinesa.co.za
Durban Practising Psychologists Group
- Directory: https://dppg.org.za/directory/