Tea With Claire
Fine china, properly-made tea, dainty eats and stimulating conversation - that’s me to a T(ea)!
Tea With Claire is a fresh new concept I’ve launched, aimed at bringing groups of ladies and gents together over perfectly poured cups of tea and plates of delicious treats. This is a morning which is far more than merely a cup of tea, it’s an opportunity to be inspired and motivated by Claire as she provides insight on a variety of topics.
Come as you are or dress up to the nines (even wear a hat - as Claire, herself, is a hat-lover) and enter a world far removed from the humdrum of everyday life where elegance and refinement is the name of the game.
Bring your friends or clients to tea with me. Tea With Claire is a fabulous way to spend a special morning with your friends, colleagues or to entertain your clients without fuss or bother. Bring them to tea - it's all laid on for you ready to enjoy in an atmosphere of elegance and refinement.
Each event takes place from 10am - 12pm.
Thursday 17 September 2015 - Audacia Manor (11 Sir Arthur Road, Durban) - To Thine Own Self Be True: The Confident YOU!
Cancelled! Unfortunately, Audacia Manor cancelled the venue at the last minute.
If you already have an occasion planned, and are looking for that extra bit of something fresh and different, invite me to join you at your venue.
Perhaps you would like to:
- Treat your staff members to a morning designed especially for them. It’s a great way to entertain them with something a little different and it only means a couple of hours away from the office.
- Do something special for your clients – Tea With Claire can be tailor-made to suit your requirements.
- Create an event that really appeals to women. Instead of the usual sports entertainment where the ladies have to tag along to man’s event, host a Tea With Claire which they will really enjoy!
- Liven up and bring something extra to your fundraising event. Tea With Claire is the ideal solution.
So, if an hour or so of informal yet insightful discussion with an experienced professional sounds like your cup of tea, invite me to join you!
Some of the more popular topics people ask me to talk on include:
- Body Language for Confidence
- Mastering the art of Conversation
- ToThine own Self be True - the Confident You!
- You-Q: Finding Your Inner Winner
For further inspiration, please click here to see my full list of talk topics.
I am an avid tea-lover – not only of the drink itself, but of the whole ritual involved in its making, brewing and serving, and of the rewarding social interaction that often accompanies this ritual.
After water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world. While the first recorded drinking of tea is in China, drinking tea as a fashionable event is credited to Catherine of Braganza, who brought a casket of tea with her from Portugal when she arrived in England in 1652 to marry Charles II.
In her book, 'A Social History of Tea', Jane Pettigrew says that “Tea was generally consumed within a lady’s closet or bedchamber and for a mainly female gathering.”
This tradition continues to this day, although we’ve thankfully moved out of the bedroom as a predominant venue!
I’m excited to launch Tea With Claire - a fresh new concept, which combines the warm and friendly social aspect of tea-drinking with something a little different. It’s tea - with a twist!
As a psychologist, I’m acutely aware of how beneficial the sharing of experiences can be. But, this sharing doesn’t only have to happen within the confines of formal counselling. Coming together with friends, colleagues and clients in an elegant but relaxed environment to enjoy the social ritual of tea drinking and listen to a enlightening, interesting and inspiring talk is what Tea With Claire is all about.
The Tea With Claire events are run in seasons (which, for fun, I call Tea-sons). Each Tea-son is named after a different blend of tea.
- Thursday 17 September 2015 - Audacia Manor (11 Sir Arthur Road, Durban) - To Thine Own Self Be True: The Confident YOU!
Prince of Wales Tea-son
- Thursday 13 February 2014 - St Annes Guest House (26 High Road, Berea, Durban) - Mastering the Art of Conversation
- Thursday 15 May 2014 - Green With Envy (Vause Road, Durban) - Body Language for Confidence
- Thursday 16 October 2014 - Audacia Manor (11 Sir Arthur Road, Durban) - To Thine Own Self Be True: The Confident YOU!
Earl Grey Tea-son
- 28 February 2013 - Connect With Confidence
- 14 March 2013 - YOU-Q: Finding Your Inner Winner
- 18 April 2013 - Focus on Feedback
- 16 May 2013 - Phone Finesse
Lady Grey Tea-son
- 19 September 2013 - Mastering the Art of Conversation
- 17 October 2013 - Body Language for Confidence
- 21 November 2013 - To Thine Own Self Be True - The Confident YOU!
English Breakfast Tea-son
- 2 August 2012 - The Art of Conversation
- 6 September 2012 - YOU-Q: Finding Your Inner winner
- 18 October 2012 - Conflict to Co-operation
- 1 November 2012 - Body Language for Confidence
Looking for different ways to entertain your clients, associates or team?
Tea With Claire is the ideal solution as it provides a special morning’s entertainment with a minimum of fuss or bother on your part.
You have two options:
Take a table at a scheduled public event
Bring your clients, associates and team to tea with me. It's all laid on for you ready to enjoy in an atmosphere of elegance and refinement. This is a morning which is far more than merely a cup of tea, it’s an opportunity to be inspired and motivated by Claire as she provides insight on a variety of topics.
Not only are these topics entertaining and inspiring, but your guests will walk away with new insights and often feeling highly motivated.
There is no specific dress code, but this is an opportunity to dress up to the nines! Why not encourage your guests to wear hats - Claire, herself, is a hat lover - and enter a world far removed from the humdrum of everyday life where elegance and refinement is the name of the game.
Host your own exclusive event
Claire would be delighted to address your guests with your choice of topic.
You can even create an event that really appeals to women. Instead of the usual sports entertainment where the ladies have to tag along to man’s event, host a Tea With Claire which they will really enjoy!
Talk topics include:
- Body Language for Confidence
- Conflict to Co-Operation
- Face up to Feedback
- Mastering the art of Conversation
- To Thine own Self be True - The Confident You!
- YOU-Q: Finding Your Inner Winner
If a morning of informal yet insightful conversation with an experienced professional sounds like your cup of tea, contact me!
Here are some images of Tea with Claire.
The photo gallery contains several images from each event.
Tea with Claire has received extensive press coverage.
You can read the articles on the Newspapers page.
- The Glenwood Weekly Gazette - 17 May 2013
- Berea Mail - 12 April 2013
- The Glenwood Weekly Gazette - 8 March 2013
- The Bugle - 22 February 2013
- The Glenwood Weekly Gazette - 22 February 2013
- The Witness - 23 November 2012
- Daily News - 2 November 2012
- Daily News - 22 October 2012
- Berea Mail 19 October 2012
- Durban North Fever - 12 October 2012
- Berea Mail - 12 October 2012
- Featured in What's on in KZN
- Going Places - 11 September 2012
- The Mercury - 5 September 2012
- The Bugle - 10 August 2012 (Please turn to page 8 for the article)
- IOL Lifestyle (Independent On Line) - 2 August 2012
- uMhlanga Globe - July 2012
- The Mercury - 30 July 2012
- Sunday Tribune - 29 July 2012
- The Hilltop - 27 July 2012
- Northglen News - 27 July 2012
- The Bugle - 20 July 2012