As your Business or Life Coach, I won’t help you throw and catch balls on the sports field, but I will help you deal with the curve balls life throws your way. With a little bit of coaching, you’ll be able to create your own solutions, arrive at your own answers, and discover options for yourself. In short, you will find your direction in life.
I am a certified Business and Executive Coach. I offer coaching to people who might be uncomfortable with the idea of formal counselling or psychotherapy, or who would simply like to improve their life with the help of a Life or Business Coach. I am able to use my skill and experience as a practicing psychologist, while still retaining a distinction between Coach and Psychologist or Coaching and Therapy, if that is what is required.
Coaching helps people create their own solutions, arrive at their own answers, and discover options for themselves. The ultimate aim of my coaching is to make you feel empowered and valuable, confident, secure and filled with new options. This aim is based on the belief that promoting this kind of creativity is far more likely produce lasting change in your life.
My coaching is based on my desire to help others to discover what they want in life (in every area of their life) and unlock their innate (but often undiscovered) brilliance in order to achieve it. It is more than just solving problems. I want to help you go beyond your vision of yourself – beyond what you have and do, to who you are (creative, intelligent, loving, generous etc). You are a human being, not a human-having or a human-doing!
As a coach (and psychologist), I have developed the concept of YOU-Q - the term I use to describe your unique intelligence, creativity and wisdom. By developing your YOU-Q, you can find your Inner Winner and live a Be-YOU-tiful life right now. I take clients on the YOU-Q journey, which involves focusing on three areas:
- Get Real - This involves becoming authentic, genuine and totally true to you. To achieve this requires answering three important questions - What are my values? What is my purpose? What is my vision?
- Change Your Head Talk - Head Talk is that inner voice which constantly gives us negative messages. Changing your Head Talk means changing these negative beliefs and transforming the unhelpful messages you give yourself.
- Relate - By learning essential communication and interpersonal skills, you will radically enhance your relationships with others.
I want you to leave every coaching session full of renewed energy. I want to inspire your creativity and expand your possibilities - life can be 10 times better than it is now. You can find freedom from suffering and grudging self-discipline. Live an awesome life by staying light-hearted and taking actions that seem almost effortless.
I want to help you enjoy deep intimacy, vibrant health, full celebration and daily ecstasy. I want you to be able to say: “Today I am living the life of my dreams."
I run my private practice from my home in Durban, South Africa. This involves:
- Face-to-face coaching with individuals and couples.
- ‘Remote’ coaching with individuals in other parts of the world (talking to them via Skype).
I work with adults, and often my coaching focuses on developing an individual's YOU-Q.
Diploma & Degrees
- Higher Diploma in Education (HDE) (Edgewood College of Education)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (UND)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology (B.A Hons.) (UND)
- Master of Arts (Psychology) (M.A.) (UND)
Note: The University of Natal, Durban (UND) is currently known as the University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN)
Registered Counselling Psychologist
- HPCSA Registration Number: PS 0067180
- Practice Number:0003611
- Career and Executive Coach : UNISA Organisational Development Department
Professionally Qualified Teacher
- Teachers' Federal Council Registration Number: R 124102/5
- Durban Practising Psychologists Group (DPPG)
- Global Speakers Federation (GSF)
- Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa (PSASA) (Past President of the KZN Chapter - two terms)
- Toastmasters International
Click on thumbnails for larger images.
To make an appointment or to discuss working with me...